Turn all the lights off in your room this Friday from 8-9pm and join us at Turner Green for fun LED glow-in-the-dark activities. We will be monitoring how much energy is saved over this hour by residence hall and will report out those results next week. Save energy and have fun - may the best residence hall win!
savings percentage by building
Avg. Temp vs Baseline
Metric Tons of Carbon Saved
% Energy Savings
Move-In Day Fun
Welcome to Greeley!
As a new school year begins, The City of Greeley invites UNC students, faculty, and staff to get connected to the community. Below are a few upcoming events that are designed to promote sustainability and celebrate natural resources in Greeley.
- August 19 - Moonlight Ride
- August 26 – Greeley Farmers’ Market
- August 30 - Party for the Poudre @ the River (fundraiser for Poudre River education, trail improvements, and programs)
- August 30 – Rain Barrel 101 - Workshop
- September 2 – Greeley Farmers’ Market
- September 2 – H2O Exhibition Opens at the Greeley History Museum (open through May 20)
- September 8 - Greeley Evans Transit Regional Transportation Center Ribbon Cutting
- September 9 – Greeley Farmers’ Market
- September 9 – Showerhead Exchange
- September 12 – Family Bike Night
- September 16 – AgriCULTURE Fest and Feast
- September 23 – Greeley Farmers’ Market
- September 27 – Compost: How and How Not -Workshop
- September 30 – Greeley Farmers’ Market
- October 7 - Firefly Trail Construction at McCloskey Natural Area
Visit GreeleyCalendar.com for more City of Greeley Events. We all hope that you have a great school year. Just so you know, #YouAreWelcomeHere in the community as well as on campus.
Moving in this week? Learn how to
Come learn how to "green" your room! We will be at the residence hall tents this Thursday from 8am-2pm giving away LED light bulbs for your task and floor lamps, handing out tote bags and other goodies, and raffling off smart power strips!
Greeley's Water Wins Awards
Greeley has won the thirteenth annual “Best of the Best” Tap Water Taste Test. The event, comprised of 34 regional winners from water-tasting competitions across North America, was held in June at (American Water Works Association) AWWA’s Annual Conference and Exposition in Philadelphia, PA.
The People’s Choice award winner, as determined by the conference attendees, was also awarded to the City of Greeley. There were almost 1,000 entries for the People’s Choice competition with conference attendees sampling and casting a ballot for the best tasting water.
This is the first time in history that a municipality has won both awards in the same year.
Learn more about Greeley's Water at GreeleyGov.com/water.